Friday, December 3, 2010

A Repost From Philstar.com


Body Talk with Sarah Geronimo

You, too, must have been wondering if Sarah Geronimo ever sleeps, what with her airtight schedule of making movies, taping for soaps, recording albums, doing personal appearances here and abroad, and a hundred other activities that could knock down a girl of lesser stuff.

“It’s a matter of time management,” said Sarah who is currently promoting The Sarah G. Phone by MyPhone, the first ever Music Album Phone (MAP) which contains the following tracks: Laging Kay Ganda (produced by MyPhone), Panalangin, Harana, Sana, Kay Ganda ng Ating Musika, Masdan Mo ang Kapaligiran, Umagang Kay Ganda and Laging Kay Ganda (acoustic version). “Yes, I sleep well and I eat well. And, thank God, I’m healthy naman.”

How do you feel about coming out with an album exclusively on MyPhone device?

“I’m thrilled, kasi nga it’s a first. I’m happy and honored that I am the first artist to do it. And I’m proud that the product I’m endorsing, ito ngang MyPhone, ay gawang-Pinoy.”

Piracy is still a big problem in the entertainment industry, so hopefully the MyPhone device and can help minimize if not eradicate it. You see, MyPhone is so equipped that the songs in it cannot be pirated. (Eat your hearts out, Pirates!). The pre-installed tracks are protected by the MAP technology, meaning the music files cannot be distributed and will solely be available in the Sarah G. phone.

With Sarah as endorser and the first-ever artist to be so featured, sales of MyPhone has reportedly shot up, exceeding expectations.

“Talaga po? Thank you.”

Does that mean another partnership with MyPhone soon?

“Sana nga…sana soon!”

Incidentally, Sarah will have a Valentine concert with Concert King Martin Nievera at the Araneta Coliseum on Feb. 12 next year, titled What Love Is, produced by Viva Concerts with Louie Ocampo as musical director and Rowell Santiago as director. (Tickets are priced at P4,000 for Patron A, P3,500 for Patron B, P3,500 for Lower Box, P1,500 for Upper Box A, P1,000 for Upper Box B and P400 for General Admission., Call Ticketnet at 911-5555 or Viva Concerts at 687-7236.)

Teased that she’s now the New Concert Queen, Sarah blushed as she begged off.

“Hindi naman po. There’s only one Concert Queen.”

Many people agree that it’s Ai-Ai delas Alas who’s the current title-holder but the fans of Pops Fernandez, Martin’s ”ex,” claimed that their idol is still “it.” Asked about it in a TV show, Pops said good-humoredly, “Marami pa namang available title d’yan, eh.”

Said Sarah, “Hindi ko iniisip ang title-title. What I focus on is doing my work well.”

At 22 (turning 23 on July 25 next year), Sarah stands 5’4”, weighs 112 lbs., and wears small/medium-size shirts and size-7 shoes.

How do you find time for your many activities (movies, TV shows, recording, concerts both here and abroad, etc.)?

“Mas maluwag ang schedule ko ngayon. I was just finished with my Idol (the ABS-CBN teleserye), so all I’m doing are out-of-town and out-of-the-country shows. This year, I did only one movie, Hating Kapatid (with Judy Ann Santos), and I concentrated more on singing and the preparation for my Valentine concert with Martin.”

With your tight schedule, how much sleep do you get per night?

“I’m used to going to bed late, sanay na ako sa napupuyat. I usually go to sleep at 2 a.m. and, if I don’t have work the next day, I wake up late. Nakaka-10 hours naman ako.”

Are you a pillow person?

“I love hugging a pillow. Mayroon akong favorite unan na yakap-yakap ko kapag natutulog ako. I have only two. The other one ‘yung sa ilalim ng head ko.”

Do you sleep alone in your room?

“No. I sleep with my sister.”

How do you want the aircon to be, full blast or quiet cool lang?

“’Yung medyo mahina lang. Ginawin kasi ako, eh.”

Do you snore?

“Only when I’m tired.”

Do you talk in your sleep?

“Sabi nila minsan daw po!”

Do you sleepwalk?

“No, I don’t.”

What’s the last thing that you do before you go to sleep?

“I pray.”

What do you usually pray for?

“The safety of my family. I also surrender to Him my problems and my concerns.”

First thing that you do when you wake up?

“I pray again.”

With your irregular schedule, can you manage to take three square meals a day?

“Oo naman.”

What’s usually for breakfast?

“Sometimes, especially when I wake up late, nagiging brunch na siya. I’m a rice-eater so gusto ko kanin na kaagad sa breakfast --- kanin with pagkaing-Pinoy like adobo, sinigang o kaya Fried Chicken.”

What’s for lunch?

“Kanin uli. I love what my mom cooks, especially her kare-kare. My dad is fond of cooking, too. Mahilig siya magluto ng tapa. Gusto ko rin ‘yon. I’m not choosy with food. Lahat kinakain ko.”

Good thing you don’t get fat.

“Mabilis ang metabolism ko, eh.”

For dinner, light or heavy, or none at all?

(Laughs) “Kanin din po at saka ulam.”

Do you take snacks between meals?

“Yes, whatever is there.”

What food do you always crave for?

“Cereals.”

What vitamins do you take?

“Vitamin C and vitamin E.”

How much water do you take per day?

“A lot. Malakas ako sa tubig. I have to be hydrated all the time. Kailangan ng katawan ko kasi palagi akong on the move, eh.”

Sarah co-stars with Martin Nievera in the Valentine convert What Love Is set for Feb. 12 next year at the Araneta Coliseum.

Coffee or tea?

“Neither.”

Softdrinks?

“Mahilig ako sa Coke but since bawal nga po, binabawasan ko.”

Do you have a sweet tooth?

“Ay, mahilig po ako sa sweets. I love chocolates. My favorite is Linds chocolates.”

Do you have time to work out?

“Naku, that’s my goal --- to do regular workouts. But since I can’t go to the gym, I exercise na lang at home while watching workout videos.”

What part of your body do you think needs improvement?

(Laughs and laughs) “Hmmmm, gusto ko pumayat ang legs ko.”

What part is most vulnerable?

“My neck. It aches when I fail to do stretching exercise.”

You are a belter. How do you take care of your voice? Veteran singers say that the singing should come from the diaphragm and not from the throat, otherwise you could hurt your nodules.

“I do vocal exercises before singing. I make sure na ‘yung kinakanta ko ay within my vocal range. Or else, mada-damage ang vocal cords mo.”

What part of your body naman is your favorite?

(Laughs and laughs) “Ha? Mayroon ba? Actually, wala…wala!”

And what part of a guy’s body do you notice first?

“His eyes. At saka, gusto ko ‘yung maganda ang tayo n’ya.”

What else turns you on?

“He should be respectful.”

And what turns you off?

“’Yung mayabang.”

How do you relax, cope with stress?

“Ako naman, if I don’t work, I just stay home and watch TV or DVDs. O kaya kain at tulog.”

What kind of movies do you watch?

“Romantic movies.”

What was the last movie that you saw?

“Last night, I watched A Walk To Remember (starring Mandy Moore). It was the second time that I watched it.”

You’ve been to several cities. Which one is your favorite?

“London. I was there at the height of the Harry Potter craze so feeling ko nasa paligid ko lang si Harry Potter.”

What city to do you want to visit?

“I’ve been to Seattle but I want to go back. Gusto ko kasi ‘yung weather doon, ‘yung palaging maulan.”

When you want to get away from it all, where do you go…what’s your favorite hideaway?

“Naku, sa bahay lang po talaga.”

How is your love life?

“Wala, eh. None, as in none talaga.”

Oh, none? Anong inspiration mo? All work and no play makes Jean a dull girl.

“My friends and my family, so okey lang na walang love life kasi nandyan naman sila, eh. May mga crush-crush, ganyan.”

Who’s your crush?

“Secret po!”

Your peers have boyfriends na. They say na medyo naiiwanan ka nila pagdating sa romance department. Don’t you feel that you might be missing something, anything?

“Ganoon? Hindi naman po siguro. There are things that should not be rushed, at kasama na doon ang pagbo-boyfriend.”

Are you choosy?

“Dapat lang po! Hahahaha!”

Can you name three guys who you think know how to take care of their body?

“Piolo Pascual. Gabby Concepcion. Richard Gomez.”

And three women…

“Cherie Gil. Si Ate Juday (Judy Ann Santos). Zsa Zsa Padilla.”

Using only body language, how would you make a guy know that you admire him?

“I just smile at him while straight at his eyes.”

Reposted From Philstar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers