FIRST READ ON PEP: GMA-7 responds to Anne Curtis's rant on Twitter
"We were simply sticking to the programme sequence provided by the organizers."
This was GMA-7's response to Anne Curtis's tweet about her supposed appearance and song number at the kick-off party of USTv Students' Choice Awards last November 10.
Shortly after leaving the event, the actress said on Twitter, "I tried to at least get up on stage and say hi kahit 2 minutes lang but GMA staff didn't want.
"Thomasians, I was there on the left side of the stage & told them kahit d na ako kumanta babati Lang ng Hi and Hello but GMA Staff said no." (CLICK HERE to read story)
But in the statement sent by the corporate communications department of the Kapuso network, Anne was not originally included in the sequence:
"GMA was not aware nor informed by the organizers in any prior meeting that Anne Curtis will be part of the program."
A "last-minute insertion" had already "pushed back the schedule," thus, resulting in "three hours of waiting" by the GMA-7 performers.
Lastly, the statement asked the organizers "to come forward" to avoid further misunderstanding.
Below is the full statement, which was emailed by Angel Javier last night, November 11, at 11 p.m.:
Anne Curtis tweeted that she was not allowed by a GMA staff to go onstage in last night's USTv Students' Choice Awards kick-off.
Here is GMA's side of the story:
1. Prior to the event, network representatives had been briefed by the organizers/UST about the sequence of the programme. This was to be the basis for arranging our artists' schedules and determining their call time for the event.
2. Based on the schedule, GMA artists were supposed to perform at 7 pm. Our talents were at the venue as early as 5 pm. Last-minute insertion of ABS-CBN's Banana Split cast in the programme however further pushed back the schedule.
3. Shortly before GMA's number, GMA representatives confirmed the programme sequence with organizers. We were told that the Kapuso artists would be next. GMA was not aware nor informed by the organizers in any prior meeting that Anne Curtis will be part of the program.
4. When the GMA artists were about to go on stage, Anne Curtis, her handler and a student organizer approached a GMA representative to ask if she could go on stage first.
However, GMA staff declined and instructed the floor director and production staff to please proceed with the programme sequence, as the Kapuso stars also had other schedules to go to, and by this time were already waiting for nearly three hours.
5. GMA later found out that Ms. Curtis had left the venue and had tweeted about the incident.
Ms. Curtis posted a series of tweets which elicited a lot of negative
reaction towards GMA. The fact is—we were simply sticking to the
programme sequence provided by the organizers themselves.
We are certain Ms. Curtis had her own reasons for requesting to go onstage immediately, but the Kapuso artists also had their own respective schedules and had in fact been pushed back even prior to Ms. Curtis' request.
We are hoping that the organizers could come forward and clarify matters to avoid blowing things out of proportion.
Reposted From PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal)