Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Repost From Mario Dumaual Of ABS-CBN News

Boy Abunda open to joining Cabinet after ABS-CBN contract ends

Boy Abunda open to joining Cabinet after ABS-CBN contract ends

MANILA, Philippines – After saying that he was “not inclined” to accept a Cabinet position in president-apparent Sen. Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III’s government, television host and talent manager Boy Abunda is now singing a different tune.

Abunda clarified that he is not closing his doors to the possibility of serving the Aquino administration, at least, not “while I am under contract with ABS-CBN."

“Kasi baka sabihin nila kakainin ko ang mga salita ko ngayon. I am not closing my doors. But am I going to accept any offer, halimbawa, today? I am not. No, I am not going to take the position,” he told ABS-CBN News.

Abunda said his contract with ABS-CBN will end in 2011.

Aquino, older brother of Kris Aquino, is eyeing Abunda to become tourism secretary. He took note of “The Buzz” host’s ability to clearly communicate ideas and understand the audience.

When sought for reaction, Abunda initially said that although he is grateful to be considered, he is not “inclined to accept it.”

“I can help ‘Noy in another capacity. I have a personal relationship with Noy. I think it will be more effective if I continue what I am doing now... giving him advice -- devoid of agenda and bias, devoid of politics,” Abunda said. -Report from Mario Dumaual, ABS-CBN News

Reposted From Mario Dumaual of ABS-CBN News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers